Caregivers in the LeanOnWe network provide private, non-medical home care on a part-time, full-time, or live-in basis. Assignments can be short-term or long-term.
Our caregivers have experience handling most every type of home care need, including a wide range of household and companionship duties as well as many types of diseases and health conditions. Learn more
Caregivers work with LeanOnWe because we provide a better work environment than they can find elsewhere. Some reasons why are:
- We make things easy for caregivers to do business
- They like our customers
- They can earn more money through us than they can with a home care agency (yet you will save money!)
Our standards are exceptionally high and we invite only the most proven caregivers to join our network.
Some of the steps we take to screen candidates include:
- We utilize the national FBI database to conduct the most comprehensive background check available
- We personally meet with and conduct in-depth interviews with all caregivers
- We do a thorough review and verification of caregiver's client references
- We verify that caregivers are legally eligible to work in the United States
- We confirm any state licenses and certifications they may hold
Click here for a complete run down on our caregiver screening process.
Yes, we will assign a Care Advisor to you and they will help you every step of the way.
It's a fairly simple process that starts with your Care Advisor learning more about your needs. They will then recommend a handpicked list of recommended caregivers.
From there, they can help you narrow down your options and pick the best candidate.
When you are ready, your Care Advisor will help you hire the caregiver and get them going providing care.
Care Advisors are responsible for helping you find and manage your home caregiver(s).
Things they can help with include:
- Create a list of recommended caregivers based on your needs
- Help you arrange caregiver interviews and select the right candidate
- Help you hire your caregiver, including necessary documents and paperwork
- Provide advice on how to manage your caregiver
- Help you resolve any issues that may arise with your caregiver
- Help you find back-up and replacement caregivers when needed
When you signup with LeanOnWe, you will be assigned a Care Advisor. This person will work with you throughout your relationship with LeanOnWe. They, or another member of the Care Advisor Team, will be available to assist you on 7 days a week.
If you need to reach your Care Advisor, please call us at 844-532-6669.
Back-up and Replacement Service
Finding back-up and replacement caregivers is one of the biggest headaches associated with private home care. LeanOnWe is one of the few home care providers that offers you an affordable solution to this problem.
Back-up care involves helping you find a temporary replacement caregiver when your regular caregiver needs a day. Replacement care involves helping you find a permanent new caregiver.
As part of our Service Guarantee, you are free to change caregivers at any time for however long you retain our services. Your Care Advisor will work with you to find a new caregiver.
Yes, you will typically save 35%-50% as compared to a home care agency. You will save money for two main reasons:
- LeanOnWe charges much, much lower overhead and administrative fees than most home care agencies.
- By hiring your caregiver directly, you will be able to get their best hourly rate -- a rate significantly less than you'd pay when booking through a home care agency.
LeanOnWe charges you a fee separate from whatever compensation you pay your caregiver.
Our fees are much, much lower than a traditional home care agency and include the following:
- Access to the caregivers in our network
- On-going consultation(s) with a dedicated Care Advisor
- List of suggested caregiver candidates for you to consider
- Support in interviewing and hiring caregivers
- Preparation of hiring documents and other administrative setup
- Comprehensive liability and theft insurance coverage
- Support finding back-up, fill-in, and emergency caregivers
- Support finding replacement caregivers
Click for additional pricing information
LeanOnWe carries general and professional liability insurance that covers you for bodily injury, property damage, and theft related to one of our caregivers. Please contact us for further details or if you have a problem to report.
To comply with employment laws and to provide peace of mind, we recommend that you purchase your own Worker's Compensation policy. Your Care Advisor can help you set that up.
Unfortunately, private home care services such as those provided by LeanOnWe and the caregivers in our network are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or most other health insurance.
However, most Long-Term Care policies do cover the expense of a private caregiver. If you have such a policy, please call us so we can help you utilize your policy.
If you work for a company that supports Dependent Care Accounts, you may be eligible to contribute up to $5,000 of pre-tax earnings to pay for home care services. Please consult your company for details.
Also, in some cases, you may be able to claim the Tax Credit for Child or Dependent Care on your federal income tax return. Please consult your Tax Advisor for further information.